Cucuhouse blog

Stories from cucurulla street in Barcelona district 01 and the continuation of the killed blog "Güten tag rhine"

Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Average day

Hola Hola. Bueno voy a poner estas fotos hoy por que durante todo el verano de lunes a viernes el proceso va a ser bastante parecido. Ah, otra cosa, estoy hecho un lio con lo de los idiomas debido a las peticiones y opiniones de tod@s, asi que como una imagen vale mas que unas cuantas palabras...
Normal day in Basel: 8 AM aprox. My first view of the city walking to work, just after having breakfast watching the news in CNN (I still don't understand german TV, Italian channels are crap, and in BBC the purple gay teletubbie is teaching strange things to the very small)


8:20AM I cross the door of building 202 in Novartis absolutely huge campus


8:22AM Ali is already in the office. She says she's a morning person. It's not true, she is a MORNING PERSON (although we will change nightlife here). She has been there for a while after going to the gym around 6:30 (are your eyes glazing over? 6:30...I will pay her a dinner if she is able to continue this rithm for some weeks). Tomorrow we'll start implementing our loved thursday "bar of the week" here in basel with the rest of interns.


12:15 Lunchtime. we go to the canteen building with Seilja, an ex-INSEAD. Thai food floor for today. 14 swiss francs (employee price). No wonder this is a rich country.


Around 11hrs after entering building 202 I do the opposite and go out of it to meet Ignacio, another intern from IESE for a beer close to my place. Before meeting him I pass through a nice garden that employees use to have a coffee or short meetings in the outside (after 6PM there is no one there, Swiss people have their lives close to the Rhin after work. Shops close at 6....the opening time is spanish time, so if you have a grocery you also have an afternoon life in this country)




so....That's my average day here.
Now I have to eat something since I'm already 3 hours over swiss dinner time. One last thing I was thinking now (in the news are talking again about the Mumbay bombings) is that just one year ago I was in London spending my probably last quiet summer before the MBA, a few days after having to take the tube while in another tube line the London bombings were happening. So lets remember that London time for a sec.


for your ipod today:
Mas que nada - Sergio Mendes feat.The Black Eyed Peas

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ali looks .... on the picture ... well ... quite uptight!!!

I have never seen her before like that.

1:31 AM  
Blogger Marcusrodri said...

Romina que se me suben los colores ;) Francés? Je ne pas parle francé (zero).
Una abraçada per l'Aina

9:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home