Cucuhouse blog

Stories from cucurulla street in Barcelona district 01 and the continuation of the killed blog "Güten tag rhine"

Friday, July 14, 2006

Down to the river and more

Yesterday, right after my attack of anger against blogger.com I went to the river. I had to meet other people but since 30 min before the sun appeared it was raining, I guess everybody stayed at home. I didn´t. Against most of the indications that I've recived from locals that don't go to the river often, I had the bath alone. I say this because hundreds of people go alone and they say its not dangerous if you're an average swimmer. Its not dangerous, its INCREDIBLE. I just decided to go 100m after 2 retired couples in their 60's that looked like they've been doing this for ages after work and in the weekends.
Amazing, funny, relaxing, quiet or fast....you choose! You just go into the water and ENJOY (if you like water of course). Almost 3 km downstream in 30 min of very nice sightseeing, swimming, just doing stupid things in the water while you go down enjoying ALL THE TIME. Not sure if there are other rivers in Europe where you can do this. I guess there are, but I don't know them. In Spain, the rivers that cross cities (when they have water) are full of...shit (yeah this is the appropiate word). So I encourage everybody to come here and enjoy this experience once in your life. It should be like a peregrination. You don't have to die before having tried this(ok, this is estremely exagerated). I will dedicate a post to the river with details. Today I've been 45 min inside the water after running.

En serio, lo del rio es acojonante. Vas mas rápido de lo que parece. parec un parque acuático. Puedes simplemente poner la cabeza encima de la bolsa de plástico impermeable llena de aire que lleva todo el mundo con sus pertenencias y dejarte llevar o ir haciendo chorradas en el agua, nadar contracorriente (Lo he intentado con todas mis fuerzas y lo max han sido unos segundos quieto. El agua no se cansa), nadar rapidísimo a favor de la corriente...todo mientras disfrutas de la vista y de lo que va pasando en la calle de al lado del rio.

Now a different thing. After one week, I throw the plants included in the welcome package of the appartment. They were on the limit of live. Well, maybe its better to say far away from life, but I really liked them and they had their beauty also when dead.


This is the prove that my air-wick works perfecty well, because the water didn't smell very good when I cleaned the vase. So come on, you can still exchange my airwick for another object to help me get a ferrari. It's getting consumed minute after minute!

Ah, I am studying german also. I have my personal teacher Alexandra. Ali me escribe cada día una palabra en Aleman para que la recuerde y me la pregunta al día siguiente. No recuerdo que yo fuera tan pésimo aprendiendo idiomas pero esta es la realidad. Creo que el chino me sería mas fácil. Below my homework for the wekeend in order to be able to speak a Tarzan style conversation in german. It's only one word to remember everyday and I am incapable of that. Definetely the MBA doesn't improve your memory. You just have to get your memory peak before it and then prepare for the "degeneration". We've read this year in a book that you can perform good in the stockmarket if investing in what a monkey chooses by throwing dards randomly to a basket of stocks (w/o taking into acount diversification of course). No ofenses for my german friends, but still this language sounds to me like someone saying the letters that a monkey choosed by throwing dards to an alphabet of consonants.
Even this small swiss that I saw the other day in the park close to my place while having a beer can speak much more fluent german, french, and swiss-german than me.
Bueno esto es todo creo. Una última cosa. yesterday I saw in the TV some second of the last "encierro" of this year's San Fermin. This makes me think that it is time, in the 21st century we live, to ban this uncivilized spanish tradition of bla bla.......No no no no, wrong....A mi me gustan los toros (sorry). Another thing I've missed this year (for second consecutive year) is to watch every morning at 8 AM el encierro de San Fermin. Here the most beautiful animal:

Well, today its saturday (sabado sabadete). Saturday.....mmmmm. Yesterday I didn't go out.....I've worked a bit today also, washed all my clothes.....cleaned a bit, read something for monday, learned german (How easy is to lie here while writing ;). All that = Party time. Lets see how is the second saturday night in Basel ;)

PS: Blogger.com is starting to behave with the images. No complaints for them today.

And for tonight: Estrella Morente - los cuatro Muleros (por lo de la foto del toro). And after that: Fischerspooner - odyssey (the whole disc). Pero sin desmadrarse que estamos en Suiza. Salut

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home