Cucuhouse blog

Stories from cucurulla street in Barcelona district 01 and the continuation of the killed blog "Güten tag rhine"

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Rain in Basel

After trying the German rain, this week apparently its time to try the Swiss rain. The temperature in Basel its now 15 degrees less than last week aprox, and it looks like November in Barcelona. This afternoon, when I was leaving Novartis I met one of the heads of the department. Lot of people here doesn´t talk much, especially with an intern that is leaving in two months, so we started the usual "elevator conversation" about weather that you have with an average neighbor that you don´t know much.
Marc: What a shit weather eh! This fu----- rain!
Other employee (non-spanish origin): Yeah its great, the temperature now is so good!
Marc: sorry?
Other employee: Yes, no sweating, I can sleep at night, and I really like this weather.
Marc: ahhhmmmm.....yes yes, this weather is much better, who wants that yellow star all the time annoying people, and swimming in the river after work, and reading a book in a nice terrace enjoying a beer, and see all women in their summer dresses.....This grey beautiful sky is much better, and I can sleep at night too (well, this is true). The elevator stops.
Marc: have a good afternoon. Ah! and enjoy the weather. I will do the same......?

I guess the best is always something in between, so that people could live in harmony, not only when talking about weather.

In any case, I have used my umbrella for the first time this summer. The weekend that I went to Barcelona for my uncle's wedding, my mother gave me an umbrella just before leaving...in case a weather like this would come. The only thing is that, well...One comment about my blue umbrella experience: If you have to do an internship at Coca-Cola in a rainy country, the logical way of proceeding when you walk to the office is to not take from home an umbrella with a big Pepsi logo on it. In the pharmaceutical industry, if you are going to do an internship at Novartis, the most logical way of proceeding is to ask your mother (when she is giving you the umbrella in a hurry) if there is any logo on the umbrella that doesn´t.....FIT!! Gracias mama!!! Ahora se por que me miraban todos con cara rara esta mañana!!

2 Comments:

Blogger -tvu said...

You are correct, who needs that shiny yellow star during the day?? Humanity has has invented light bulbs, making the sun outdated. Your blogs are always funny. Just as funny as Noelles'. Both funny in your own way. hehe...

11:02 PM  
Blogger Marcusrodri said...

Please, Noelle's blog is very boring. Everybody knows that. ;)

"The yellow star" followers

11:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home