Cucuhouse blog

Stories from cucurulla street in Barcelona district 01 and the continuation of the killed blog "Güten tag rhine"

Friday, August 18, 2006

Sun and haircut. v1.1

Friday, at the end we are in friday. The letters of this noun sound really good when pronounced in any language (even in swiss-german!). F R I D A Y. Yes, sounds good. Especially when after two weeks of "end of the world weather" this morning the sky looked exactly like you can see in the picture I took in my way to work. Blue. That is, in my opinion, the right colour for te sky. Ok now enough about weather because some people may think I am obsessed with this and it is not the case.

I was supposed to go to Amsterdam this weekend but at the end I will have to stay here. Among various reasons, because i will spend some time this weekend with my friend "Power" and his brother "Point". Yes, lovely pps presentations. Today at lunch, because it is part of the life of 90% of the interns I guess, we were talking about how useless is sometimes to spend so many hours adjusting graphs, colours, tables.etc Everything to make very easy and simple things look better for 5 min. Of course pps is very useful and necessary, but sometimes...."Man, the sales are 25milion" Isn´t that enough???That I use my mouth instead of a red-colour bar with special bright effect to tell you.....25. Do you need the 25 milion in 10 colours and plotted against 20 graphs in 30 colours? The useless part comes when you start (especially if you are like me in this issues) to adjust every line at the same height, every font at the same size. You can spend hours and hours and still doesn´t looks "enough" good. And you are not really doing any useful job, just changing colours and shapes.....Eh, wait a sec, the numbers and the colours mentioned here do not apply to reality. I don´t want anybody to think that this is my opinion of the work I have been doing last days, but sometimes this powerpoint.....

Ok, another thing. Now I am again with agent Jack Bauer in the evenings. My first shopping in amazon worked and I am again enjoying 24 the days I stay at home.

Yesterday we had the BOW at cargo, a bar close to the River. Helen is leaving us and lot of people showed up. She goes on exchange to Berkeley. I guess we will see each other again maybe before the Olympics. The number of assistants to the bar of the week is increasing week after week.


I have to leave. I escaped from work one hour ago because I have an appointment to cut my hair. Yes, hair does not stop growing during summer-time and I think it is necessary to stop this Jacksons5 look that I am starting to adopt, especially because I have still more than a month here in Basel and I am not sure if the afro look would be very welcomed in my department. Anyway, I took a picture of my hair yesterday (my face is there because I can not sepparate it from my hair), just to remember how it was in case the things go wrong in some minutes, although I think that for 60 francs, yes, 60 francs!! the girl won't go crazy qith the scissors.

Good weekend to everyone

Fast Update: I was going to delete the pps part, which I don´t like, but instead of this I will announce that the haircut was ok. yes, ok. I survived. There is people afraid of going to the dentist, I am afraid of hairdressers when I am not in bcn (I have had some really bad experiences when cutting my hair abroad). Doesn´t matter is an expensive hairdresser. When they see you as a foregineer that does not speak the language, they send you straight to the "begginer", and you never know if you will end up looking like Jim Carrey in "Dumb & Dumber". Anyway, at the end of the day a haircut is not important because "La mona, vestida de seda, mona se queda".
I go to the jazz festival we have in town today.
Again, good weekend.
Ah, the music: Gnarls barkley - smiley faces

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home