Cucuhouse blog

Stories from cucurulla street in Barcelona district 01 and the continuation of the killed blog "Güten tag rhine"

Sunday, August 13, 2006

Zürich and Street Parade2006...Yippie Yippie Yeah!

Quiet and relaxing Sunday at home. I needed to rest sooooo much. Ah, by the way, summer is definetely finished in Switzerland :(
At the end I managed to take the 7:07pm Friday train to Zürich, after having to come back home twice because of my chronic tendency to forget things. At 8pm I met Rene at the station, another friend from last summer in London that I managed to see again after one year, who offered me hospedage for Friday night. And then a veeery long and exhausting weekend started. First we had dinner at his place with his girlfriend Simone, who is pregnant and will have the baby most probably the day I leave Basel on September. (This is a summer full of babys and weddings surrounding me...I am scared...Don´t know how to interpret this sign from my surroundings). After dinner, Dorjee and his girlfriend Ivana came for some drinks. We were talking about the fact that I only see Rene and Dorjee when there is a terrorist attack in London. Casualidades de la vida.

After good conversations, and once we finished the wine, it was time to try Zürich nightlife, and we went to Hive club where joined some other friends. Among them, (this is only for IESE people), the Swiss version of Rodolfo!!! Clavadito, with the yellow jacket. I guess that I also have a person that looks exactly like me in some part of the world, however this weekend I have only seen Rodolfo's swiss twin.
We finished quite late on Friday, and Saturday morning I realized that I was not in the perfect shape for....Street Parade. An obvious thing that everybody knows but I ignored on friday: If you are of my size, never try to drink at the same rithm as a 1'90 smth tall guy and his Nepali-Swiss-Argentinian friend. No way.

Saturday....Street Parade: If you have time and want to see all the weird, funny, wasted, not so wasted, old, young, and other kinds of people that I captured with my camera, you can see them Here. No comments for these pics.




Well well, just one comment from the pic below. have you seen what is that guy doing!!! Another advice: Methylenedioxymethamphetamine is bad for your health, but appart from that, if you have a "cleanning lady soul inside you", maybe it goes out. Cleanning the Street parade streets...utopia. I think that guy is still there with his broom.







Good Bye!!

Music for the weekend. Both Friday and Saturday heared this so there is no doubt today: Deichkind-Remmidemmi, and Prodigy-Out of Space (but the reggae version ;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wicked man, nice post :-) Hope to see you again soon in Zurich. All the best for the new week, René

9:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home