Cucuhouse blog

Stories from cucurulla street in Barcelona district 01 and the continuation of the killed blog "Güten tag rhine"

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

De que estas hablando Willis, and La Bola de cristal

There are different things that make you think about something in particular (what a ridiculous sentence, sorry for my writing and expression skills). I mean that the same thought about one experience you had in the past or something that you like or dislike, is usually triggered by many things, such as a conversation related to that, something you hear, see, smell. Whatever. There is no exception for this, everyone the same I guess, but for me its funny to realize sometimes how I start to think about something by connecting things that have zero in common with that. And at least in my case the connections can be really weird sometimes (again, as everyone else). Ok, all this short introduction to explain the reason for this post, which, by the way, has been triggered by a simple and very normal chain of related thoughts that are not a good example at all of what I have written above. Anyway...

Yesterday, while reading TVU's blog post about the 80's, I started to think about different music groups from that time (the truth is that at that time I was not interested in music at all, that came later to my life and has not abbandoned me yet ;), tv series, films.etc.etc. Well, then I spent an hour with Jack Bauer and went to bed. This morning I was having breakfast and doing zapping, trying to avoid repetitive news from CNN and the XXXteletubbies again, when I saw a woman on the TV that remembered to another woman from another TV series of the 80s. The 80s again. Then I changed channel once more to BBC (more news about Lebanon and Irak), and I though about the teletubbies again, and finally I started to think about the Tv programs we had in Spain when we (people of my age) had when we were a bit older than the teletubbies watchers, and finally I arrived to the conclusion that if you were not a Spanish kid at that time, you missed a really good program for children, much better than the ones they play now on Tv for the 00s children. (That sounds really strange, imagine in 20 years: "Did you remember the 00s?". Yes, sounds weird) by far: La bola de Cristal. What a program!!!! Os acordais de "los electroduendes y la bruja averia" Hahaha, los electroduendes, with "La bruja averia" aka Alaska. Definetely superb!!!
Here another sample of good stuff from that time:


I don´t remember quite well, but I am sure she was one of my first erotic miths. The woman from above, not Arnold. Arnold!!! Hilarious. (maybe in english its not Arnold?) In Spanish the sentence when you look at the picture below is: "De que estas hablando willis?" Sorry but I am in the middle of a laughing attack right now.
Well, now to a very difefrent thing, with no mental connection with the 80s.

There is a curious new building that has started to function this summer inside Novartis. One of them, because the campus is in the middle of a construction orgasm this summer. I mean "to function" because the building in the second pic, which is close to the one that I really like, has a screen that displays all the time sentences and popular and not so popular "says".


Everyday they display sentences in alphabetical order. I am not sure of the purpose of this sentences, if there is one, but maybe the managers who decided to install the flashing screen thought that people would stop to read them. Bad thought. The garden in front of the building is full of trees and you can read anything. Second, you really look like an idiot if you stop in the middle of this "garden" to read them. Third, the letters are too big, which takes a lot of time to read them. And I am not sure how to interpret the sentences displayed in the "working environment". Examples of "non-selected" sentences: Offenders never pardon, old hunters never fall into traps, on a good bargain think twice, revolutions are not made with rose water, roses are scented but bread keep us alive, the person in a hurry does it badly twice, the rich are at home in a foregin land, the remedy for boredom is to get used to it (no no, the remedy is to think and not be bored). ok, that is enough or otherwise you may think i really stood like an idiot in the garden copying sentences.

I am not sure if i will be able to post anymore this week since Jack Baurer and one book are taking my time after work (which is not much to tell you the truth), and we still have to look for accomodation in Milan. yes, Milan, this weekend we go to Italy!!! with Ignacio, Paco and Eugenio.

Music, from the begginings of those mentioned 80s: Depeche mode - Just can´t get enough

3 Comments:

Blogger NoellieBellie said...

Okay, I am OFFICIALLY confused.

But excellent song choice!

3:12 PM  
Blogger -tvu said...

Noellie,
Confused?? Try watching this music video from the 80's Marc ref me. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Jdq2J00ENw It'll either a) really confuse you more b) straighten you out c) clearify things d) clearify things for you so you can come out. hehe...

6:38 PM  
Blogger Marcusrodri said...

But.....why?

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home