Cucuhouse blog

Stories from cucurulla street in Barcelona district 01 and the continuation of the killed blog "Güten tag rhine"

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Vacanze a Milano 2006 (part1)

The first that is worth to mention about this weekend starts on Friday afternoon, when I was going to do my clothes washing before going to the first IESE students and alumni barbacue in Basel ever. I went down to the basement with all the clothes, and when I was putting everything inside the washing-machine I realized that I also needed to wash the jeans I was wearing. I reconsidered going up again, change jeans, and come back (also because I was not wearing any t-shirt in the top), but instead of that I thought that since I never see anyone in the stairs maybe I could take the risk of not going up and stay in underwear and black socks for some seconds in my way up. That was really a bad choice. You should have seen the face of one woman of around 55 years old when we crossed each other in the stairs (Thank god I decided not to take the elevator). The funniest thing was that we both decided to act very normally and I think it was better not to try to give an excuse of my exhibitionism in German. The rest of the night went pretty good in the barbacue at Roland's house.

After a busy week, and taking advantage from the fact that Ignacio drived around 10 hours with his car to come to Basel in July, Paco, Ignacio and me decided to go to Milan for the weekend. This, contrary to the washing machine decision, was a very good choice. (Eugenio siento no hayas podido venir, la próxima será). Exceptionally, the weather was good on Saturday 10AM, and we had a good trip to Milan, with good conversations and good sightseeing of the swiss campaign and some nice lakes. The only problem was a "medium-size" traffic jam, that was fastly cleared by a swiss-highway-worker-android with casc included. Cheap labor. (well, maybe that humanoid figure caused thge traffic jam by itself).



We are now in Milan. Its sunnnny and the temperature is something close to summer time, but there is no one in the streets. Desertic Milan. Leave everything in the hotel and go straight to the Duomo (there was a lot more people there). Piazza Duomo. Awesome. Definetely I love Italy. We decide to take a picture with the Galleria V.Emanuelle in the back for the posterity, so I ask the first Italian teenager that I see to take us a picture. At the same time I think for myself that the Italian stereotype of "cutre"-fashion and awful sunglasses its confirmed once more (No ofenses ;)

Picture 1: We are good-looking don´t you think? Ei, wait wait, what the hell! The purpose of the picture is obviously not US, but the PLACE where we are! But maybe that is too difficult to understand for the teenager, so we decide to ask again to an older man that looks as having better criterion for pictures.
Picture 2
Well, seems that with age we are going abit better, but I start to think that maybe some people like more the ground of the square than the V.Emanuelle gallery. This is actually a possibility, especially because we then ask to a third person, this time a woman (maybe it is a matter of sex). No, its not a matter of sex. Its a matter of....I don´t know! Come on, I am only asking to put a nice building and 3 people inside the same scren!

At that time we already asked 4 people and it seemed that it was not going to be possible to have a normal picture of the place, so we had to split and take pictures in pairs instead of in trios. Paco takes the camera and manages to put both the building and the people in the same space. Bravo!

Inside the Gallery we took another picture, this time with the MacDonalds in the back. In this environment, it sems that rat-hamburgers should be better than any other food when you see a glamorous "M" surrounded by Prada and Luis Vuitton. Of course, we didn´t check that. When we go out from the gallery we decide to go to the castle, but Igancio has to make a phone call to his girlfriend to check some places to party at night in Milan. At the same time, in a few seconds, he is surrounded by a group of
Japanese (Atsh, I am sorry but this time I am pretty sure they were japanese ;) that start taking pics and looking at the Duomo around him. The situation starts to get funny, and Paco decides to stand in front of the group for a picture. Ignacio continues without noticing any of the touristic environment around him.

The Duomo of Milan is Impressive.

After visiting the castle we had the view below in front of us, and we decided that the best way to prepare for the "Aperitivi" and get ready for the night was maybe to have some rest in that grass that was literally "waiting for me" to sit down and have a short siesta.

Piazza Sempione in the back.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Un abrazo desde esta Barcelona enferma...... No entiendo un pijo, pero por las fotos se te ve bien.
Cuideseme.

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha. I love the stairs episode. I thought this kind of delightful and incongruous situations happened only to me, but no! Whew. Un abrazo, Bertrand.

6:59 PM  
Blogger Marcusrodri said...

I can tell you it was not THAT funny ;) I hope I am not being considered from now on "the mad guy from the 3rd floor". Bertrand!! otro abrazo!

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home