Cucuhouse blog

Stories from cucurulla street in Barcelona district 01 and the continuation of the killed blog "Güten tag rhine"

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Violent breaking news

I am not being very active with the blog lately, I think this site at the end is going to be a kind of "weekend turistic report site" during its last month of life (which, on the other hand it doesn´t sound bad to me). Anyway, since the blog has reached what we can call a very modest steady number of loyal readers, I will try to continue explaining something also during the week, even if my creativity is not in a very good shape lately (exactly the same as me. I need to do some sport or I will get mad). I guess time has the biggest influence in the posting rithm, since during my most "bored moments" this summer I felt that I had lots of things to write, but now I am well occupied. Anyway, as you know there is not much to tell during weeks here. Today I have done the presentation of my first internship project, in front of some "big fish", and at the end everybody started to laugh at me....No no no, this was the nightmare I had yesterday ;) The presentation went pretty good, or at least this is what I think. At least I heared a couple of "good job" at the end, which I guess is not a bad signal. Appart from that, I am reading a couple of MBA-related books (not very interesting to talk about that here), still watching series in DVD (Now its the turn for Lost), reading other things that we can´t call "a book", and not going out much, although today is thursday and we have the "bar of the week" waiting, and a pre-BOW dinner to which I am already late and I am pretty sure I won´t make it (The washing machinne is still doing its job. No surprises today with the neighbors). No problem, i have some good stuff we bought in Milan, including a delicious 500gr absolutely fresh mozzarella that will experience its last minutes of existence in a few minutes.

Before leaving work today I was logging out from my email account and then I saw a couple of yahoo news that are worth mentioning and will be the "theme" of this post. Nothing serious, this site was not created to talk about anything serious. I thought for a moment that someone in yahoo was having real fun today, or maybe went drunk at work, but I guess we should trust the most popular internet site info sources.

First: During a flight in Canada, apparently the Pilot had to satisfy some physical necessities that all of us have. Yes, I am sorry, if you thought that Pilots don´t do that, you were wrong (I mean going to the bathroom to do the normal physiological stuff, do not think with the perverse side of your mind. Although Pilots also go to the bathroom for other reasons I guess) Well, the question is that after some time, the Pilot wasn´t back, and 30 minutes before landing he was closed in the bathroom! Can you imagine the passengers struggling to open the door so that someone could land the plane? Automatic pilots can´t land planes I think, and who trusts in Co-Pilots?. At the end the story ended fine, but maybe the Pilot will think twice in the next flight.

Second flashing news: This one comes from yahoo Italy. A man died yesterday, drowned in the water in a town called Libreville (in Gabon if I remember well). Well, this one is sad, but there is some black humor in here. I apologize if someone thinks I shouldn´t post this one. The fact is that the man had a revelation, a religious revelation, and he decided to imitate Jesus in the famous biblic passage when he walks on the water. Yes, he decided to imitate Jesus by crossing a 20 minute boat water distance, and, well, I guess he didn´t manage to imitate Jesus properly (La intencion es lo que cuenta). Revelations are not always good as you see, but at least he died thinking he was Jesus in front of photographers and other curious people. What I don´t understand is why all those people let him imitate Jesus. At least he could have choosed to imitate Jesus in a small pond and not in such a huge lake, or someone should have told him that they would be "close to him-jesus" just in case. Amen

Third flashing news from yahoo: A chinese woman (Ms Li), had a car accident involving other vehicles. This sounds like a serious one again right? If you ever see Ms Li....anyway. Ms Li has a dog (still alive I think), which she claims as a very intelligent one. And what do you do when you have a very intellingent dog that looks at you every day very attentively while you are driving? Yes, you are right, you think that the dog is just trying to learn how to drive, and because the animal is very intelligent, (if you are the kind of person Ms Li is) one day you decide to give the dog the control of the direction of the vehicle. Only the direction, you still control the accelerator and brakes, so there should be no danger. After a few seconds, when you have a big accident, you tell the Police that you decided to give the animal "a try" and see how the dog had learned to drive. Ms Li, I am sorry but I have to say that maybe your dog is very intelligent, but you are REALLY stupid. Perro al volante, peligro constante (this is the title of the article). Amazing.
Here is Ms Li's fabulous driver: And no more news. Well, wait a sec, I will announce one. This weekend will be my last smoking weekend. I am ready to do this, or at least try to give up seriously. However, I still have a big solidarity with smokers. For example, as we are talking about news, there was another one some time ago, that talked about how smoking will be erased from some chapters of Tom&Jerry, after a viewer complained they were not suitable for children. Apparently cartoon editors are painstakingly working through more than 1,500 episodes of the cartoons painting out images of characters smoking frame by frame. This is nonsense, well that is my opinion. Then the inocent children that looked how Tom (or Jerry, I have never known who was the smoker and who was the other one) was trying to impress a beutiful kitty by rolling a cigarrete with one hand (here we assume that the cat, Tom, or Jerry, is the smoker), will just rent some video or videogame where they can kill people, destroy houses or watch some other "dangerous" stuff easily in the TV, but everything without smoke, very healthy. I am thinking about the cartoons that appear in the Simpsons, and I don´t think Bart and Lisa are growing badly because of that. I watched Tom and Jerry smoking, thousands of violent stuff when i was a child, and I think I am an absolutely normal person that respects everything and everyone, so maybe the problem is not just in the cartoons. Well, I smoke. mmmm This is all because of Hanna Barbera. I think I will sue Hanna barbera.
This is becoming a long post already (I am 100 % sure that I won´t make it to the dinner, especially because now I am waiting for the dryer to finish its drying job). Just two more things. I should have posted this one before, so anyone near Valencia could have gone there. Anyway, I think it was yesterday that hundreds of trucks full of tomatoes unloaded their content in a town called Buñol, near Valencia, so that people from there and thousands of "ready to fight" visitors could start the annual "tomatoe war". La tomatina, more than 100 thousand kilos of tomatoes flying around during the day. Incredible. So if you are around there in one year from now (and you have some clothes you are willing to lose forever), do not think twice. Red, and harmless, violence!!!
And to finish this. I haven´t been able to see any basketball game from the world championship, but I am confident in the basket guys (this is another story than in futbol). So maybe tomorrow we win the Argentinians and with A LOT of luck we can do something against the only country that knows really how to play this game. Lets see...Music for today: Queen - we will rock you

********* Update*********
I am already eating my own words about the basket part in this post. ñam ñam ñam. Anyway, it is a shame that Cobe and his friends A.Iverson and the others "I love this game" are never in this championships. Well, just that now we just need a bit less of luck to be........champ....piñon!!

1 Comments:

Blogger NoellieBellie said...

Tom is the cat. Jerry is the mouse. And that Spanish basketball player es muy feo! Caramba!

3:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home