Cucuhouse blog

Stories from cucurulla street in Barcelona district 01 and the continuation of the killed blog "Güten tag rhine"

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Zurich part2

I like Zurich. No doubt about it. Its an affordable city (in terms of size I mean, prices are another very different story), nice, with history, with a river and a lake, good shopping, cool people (at least the ones that I know), and with an awesome nightlife that is starting to kill me (this is my last time there for this sumer so I guess that won´t happen).
On friday me and Josh decided to rent a car and spend the weekend between Zurich and Interlaken. My initial plan was to go to Interlaken on Saturday and then join Rene, Simone, Dorjee and Ivana in the evening in Zurich to have dinner and then go out. That was my initial plan according to the long night I spent in Zurich last time, which didn´t allow me to do anything useful the day after. Well, at the end we went to Zurich on Saturday but we also accomplished the Interlaken objective today. In fact it turned out to be much better to go there Saturday.


After walking some time through the center we went to have a sausage in front of the lake, and after 30 seconds of sausage with bread, the crowd below joined us to share the bread. If you want to be alone in front of the lake when eating anything eatable, do not start to throughing small pieces of bread into the water because you will have all the ducks (and relatives) of Zurich around you in a very short time period, and multiplying themselves in a very fast way.
It was a sunny day and after eating we decided to go to another part of the lake, so we took the car and we thought that maybe was a good idea to "circle" the lake and get to the park we wanted to go from the other side. after 10 min drive we checked in the map. The distance is aprox the same as if you go to basel and come back. Lets say it is not exactly a pond, so we rationally decided to go for the fast way.
After the sightseeing and a troublesome coffee in front of the lake we joined Dorjee and Ivana so that Josh could change and leave everything in their place. The coffee issue is just that I asked for a glass of ice with the coffee (obviously, to put my coffee inside and drink it cold), which turned out to be broken and, well, that created a bit of a mess in the table. I asked for another glass with ice (this time not plastic please), and of course expecting another coffee. the waiter looked at me as if I dumb and said: "Another coffee?? I though you only wanted a glass of ice". Oh yes, I just want a glass of ice because I like to refresh my fingers on it, it is not to put any liquid on it. Anyway.

We went then to Rene and Simone´s place, and then to a nice restaurant. After dinner we had to walk. That was a physical necessity due to the volume of food that everybody had in the stomach. and we walked towards a really really cool place. An open air club which is only opened for a month, in the space of the landesmuseum (kind of castle building). The music they play can be heared on air in Rundfunk.fm. Good music and the environment is really nice. I would say that place is a must if you are in zurich during summer.

In Rundfund both me and Josh were realy dissapointed for forgetting the camera that night (the pic above is from the net). And I was even more dissapointed when we arrived at a party in another place after Rundfund. Rene´s mobile did its best so that we could have a picture of the group in the terrace (already warming up).

By coincidence, this Saturday all the museums of Zurich were opened until 4am, with drinks and parties in all of them ("Lange nauht der museum"). the long night of the museums. After visiting all the museums you want with one ticket, and having drinks in nice places, "everybody" goes to Kunsthaus, where the end-party takes place. Yeah, that was a really good party. The place (a museum hall transformed into a night club) of course its nice, and the music was great. Without the camera there you will have to belive me. After 1 hour there, the Interlaken trip for Sunday started to become secondary and to be in serious danger. No problem. That was a great party.

The night eneded at a "prudent" time, and luckily we have made it to Interlaken today. This morning, I have managed to cross zurich by car without getting lost, and picked Josh (or I'd better say Josh without voice). Around 4pm, after stopping several times the car to get some pictures of the nice views that you have on the way there, we were already in Interlaken, where by chance, today there was a traditional party....But that, that is another long story with lots of pics and we will leave it for the next post.


Ohh, I was forgetting something important, very important: THIS!!!!! YEEEEHHAAAA!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

1:14 AM  
Blogger Marcusrodri said...

Blog admin is not repressive with comments. The removal was for a reson not related with any "repressive" action. But of course, admin can be repressive at any time also ;)

8:51 AM  
Blogger NoellieBellie said...

I bet that person commented on the physical unattractiveness of the Spanish team.

REPRESSION!

2:35 AM  
Blogger Marcusrodri said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:29 AM  
Blogger Marcusrodri said...

yes, I have decided to be a blogger dictator. No more offensive coments about the attractiveness of the team will be allowed (I have just erased another comment hahahahah). We are an ugly team, but we are the champions LARALALALALARALALARALALA
As I said, admin will be repressive at any time, anywhere ;)

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home