Cucuhouse blog

Stories from cucurulla street in Barcelona district 01 and the continuation of the killed blog "Güten tag rhine"

Saturday, September 16, 2006

Last swiss summer saturday

This is my last saturday in Basel. I guess there will be lots of last things during this last week in Switzerland. Unfortunately, there won't be a last weekend trip, since I am writing this from my appartment in Basel. This implies there would be no post with pics from the mountains this week. Appart from the economic reasons of staying here this weekend, we have also academic reasons. Next week is the deadline for around 8 full-time positions in the healthcare industry for next year, and I should better start writing cover letters like crazy if I do not want to spend my last evenings in Basel closed at home writing why I would love to work for this or that other company, and how I really think I fit into their culture, values.etc etc etc. (I find writing cover letters one of the most boring activities ever, and I have been procrastinating this enough during last week) Now its time to write! The thing is, if you procrastinate the writing of a CL, or any other thing, it means that you are not really anxious for that right? The conclusion for me is that I have decided to apply only to the positions which I really want to be in. I remember I did not procrastinate the essay writing when applying to B-school because I really wanted to go there. ok enough work-related writing.

Yesterday I had diner with Paco at my place and then Josh, Fernanda, and Cythia joined. Both Fernanda and Paco have left already. Myself (together with Ignacio) will be remembered as "the last intern". In this moment I guess Fernanda may be already reading cases for next week in LBS, and Paco in his way to Chicago to join the B-school with the funniest name: Kellogg.

Another thing, if you are a tourist (or just arrived to the city) in Barcelona next weekend, recall that we will be celebrating "LaMerce". the official party of Barcelona. Lots of concerts and activities around the city, plus a music festival that, well, some years its ok and some others not so ok, but always good enough to have fun. Barcelona Accio Musical. I guess I did not mention that before, but unconciously that would be another reason for staying a bit quiet this weekend and save some energy for next saturday and sunday. I have downloaded the poster of "LaMerce" for this year. As always, exteremely awful. With all my respects to the designer of this year, I think there is a conspiration in Barcelona to choose every year the most awful design that they can find, and then use it as a model for the fashion and design that you can find in the city. Well, maybe you like it. I think....ok here is it.

Mmmm, to contradict a bit myself (this is good, sometimes) I would say this year's poster, in fact, is not that bad, I would even say I kinda like it........

Music for today, dedicated to Fernanda (This song with some samba drums in the back):

La vaca es un animal, todo forrado de cueeeeero, todo forrado de cueeeero,

Tiene las patas tan largas, tiene las paaaaaaaaaatas tan laaaaaaaargas,

Que le llegan hasta el sueeeeelo!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home